We are currently seeking a full-time (40 hours per week) Billing Coordinator to join the Finance department in our downtown Cleveland office.
This position will process client bills and assist secretaries in all billing functions.
- Process all client bills for Cleveland office and firm-wide attorneys. This includes generating proformas, making narrative edits, adjusting hours as needed, processing adjustments as needed, ensuring proper approvals and finalizing the invoices.
- Work with various electronic billing vendors as directed by client.
- Answer questions, solve problems and provide assistance to secretaries when requested.
- Research pending invoice reports periodically throughout the month.
- Act as back up for other billing coordinators.
- Pull copies of archived bills as requested.
- Run reports on the Aderant and/or InfoView systems for attorneys, paralegals and/or secretaries (i.e., unbilled time reports, outstanding invoice reports, audit reports and inquiries).
- Answer the Billing Help Line and e-mail account.
- Other essential functions as requested by the Billing Manager.
The position may require the ability to adapt to new technologies and/or add new job duties as directed.
Candidates must have excellent customer service skills with strong listening, verbal and written communication skills as well as be detail oriented, accurate and able to work independently. Must have strong Keyboard, Computer (Excel, Word, Windows), and 10 key skills. The ability to work on deadlines and rush assignments is necessary.
Qualified candidates will possess a high school diploma or equivalent. 2+years of billing experience in a professional services firm and/or additional experience in accounting functions is preferred, but not required. Ideal candidates will have an Associates or Bachelor's degree in a related field and experience in law firm setting using the Aderant financial system.