We are seeking candidates for a full-time (40 hours per week) Office Manager position located in our Atlanta office. The location of our office is in the Buckhead area.
This position will have overall supervisory responsibility for the day-to-day operations of the office which includes, but is not limited to: secretarial services, purchasing of goods and services, office budget management, invoicing and bill monitoring, mail and messenger services, reception and hospitality services, housekeeping and maintenance and office space allocation. Specific responsibilities include the following:
- Identify personnel/staff needs, manage the recruiting process for administrative staff, and orients new hires to other employees, firm systems, benefits and policies
- In conjunction with the Chief Facilities & Office Operations Officer, recommend merit increases and bonuses for administrative staff, conduct performance evaluations, documents and discipline staff with review by the appropriate individuals within the Firm.
- Assign and coordinate staff workload to ensure it is equitably assigned, reassigns work when necessary and determines work priorities.
- Serve as a liaison to the Human Resources department in identifying/reporting FMLA, work related injuries, Georgia labor law compliance, and safety issues in the office.
- Manage the relationship with vendors and timely delivery of supplies and preprinted office forms. Review and approve all extraordinary or non-routine expenditures with the Chief Facilities & Office Operations Officer.
- Enforce office-specific policies and procedures (i.e., dress code, secretarial coverage protocol, absence reporting procedure, etc.).
- In conjunction with the Chief Facilities & Office Operations Officer, prepare, review, and manage the office budgets as they relate to office operating expenses, capital expenditures, projects, and support staff compensation.
- In conjunction with the Firmwide accounting department, assist with the management of the office finance, deposits, requisitions, trust accounts, petty cash, and all related matters as associated with these functions.
- Responsible for the day-to-day operations of the office as it relates to the maintenance and repair of the office space and special loading dock deliveries. Develop and maintain good working relationship with building landlord and maintenance department.
- Assist with the implementation of change management initiatives and improved processes, including, but not limited to the development of training related to the business and operational practices of the firm resulting in consistent Firmwide messaging and proactive problem resolution.
- Optimize the physical and cultural working environment by aligning office cultures and communications to improve the office productivity and performance of the office to enable the lawyers and staff to thrive and achieve the firm’s business objectives.
- Coordinate and support office social functions and receptions.
Qualified candidates will possess a minimum of 5 year of experience managing operational departments as well as non-exempt and exempt staff in a professional services firm. Include law firm experience is desired. Also, successful experience managing a diverse population.
Applicants will have the ability to identify and analyze complex issues and problems in management areas and recommend/implement solutions. In addition, they should have the ability to manage office functions economically and efficiently, organize work, establish priorities, maintain good interpersonal relations, and communicate effectively with lawyers and support staff. This position will frequently necessitate time commitments beyond the typical 40-hour workweek, including working during the evenings and on weekends.